This was my journey into Angry Birds. I focused on the following components and challenges:
- Camera System for PIXI
- Minimap View on the scene
- Box2D Integration in PIXI (there is some code from Phaser’s Box2D)
- Fluid Integration (Liquid Fun), the build of box2d already contains liquid fun (see here
- Polygon Rendering in PIXI (this wasn’t possible then)
- Custom Water Shader for the particles
- Raycasting in Box2D
- Building a Slingshot with Trajectory projection
- Use the minimap to pan the scene
- Click, hold and drag around the slingshot to perform a shot
- Use your mousewheel to zoom.
- I don’t think this will be usable on a mobile or tablet.
- Ah and don’t forget to expand the controls in the upper right corner.